1 Feb 2011

There's no accounting for taste


I have just sold this embroidered cotton tote bag in my folksy shop :)

A lovely lady from Glasgow bought it, and it's on it's way to her as we speak.

I wanted to share the story of how I made this bag with you (don't start yawning already - give me a chance)... I have already blogged about the actual process earlier, so now I want to tell you how this bag came to life!

This is the first flower bag I have made, all the others have had hearts on them. I cut flowers from recycled denim and cotton, and ironed them onto the bag. I wasn't sure about the placement of the flowers, but thought it would grow on me as I started sewing. It didn't. I embroidered on the bottom 3 flowers, and still didn't like the look of it.

I didn't like the colour of thread I had chosen, and some of my stitches just didn't work for me. Every time I picked it up to work on it, it put me in a bad mood. I moaned and bitched about it to the poor hubby after every flower was finished. He said it looked good, but I knew he was just being polite!

I had a real bone to pick with this bag, and I couldn't wait to finish it and shove it in my project basket! I added buttons, and then I thought I shouldn't have. It was the only finished project I had last week, so I listed it on Folksy anyway, and it sold within hours.

I feel a bit mean now, for all the moaning, whinging, and name calling I did at the flower bag, because somebody loved it enough to choose it from the thousands of gorgeous creations on Folksy. Sorry flower bag...

5 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous and not suprised it sold so quickly.
    Will you be making more flowers now??
    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lorna :)
    i make loads of fabric flowers for brooches, but this is the first time i've tried them on bags.
    it has grown on me a bit now, so I may do some more bag options - i fancy stars for a change!
    lisamarie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like it but that could be to do with the pink colour on it. Have an obsession about pink. Not surprised it sold so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks tanya :)
    yes a bit of pink finds it's way onto most things I make...

    lisamarie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny, when ever I make things I don't like that much they always sell before the things I think will fly off the shelves! Why is that?

    ReplyDelete