21 Aug 2011

no more whinging for a while...

Well.

I said I was going to take a few days to do some thinking and that ended up being a few weeks.


I have taken away the pressure to create every day by dropping out of the daily listing club on Folksy for a while. And guess what...
My creativity has returned :)


I tried to turn my passion for making things into a small business, and it just seemed to take all the fun out of it.


The pressure to sell stuff, and worrying if people will like it was overwhelming for a while - how silly! When I think what people are going through every day, and what is important to me, I feel a bit daft stressing out over brooches and bags.


My lovely Hubs has fished the smashed memory card out of my camera slot (don't even ask) so now I can take some pics and show you what I've been up to for the last couple of weeks.


The only crafting time I get is when the monkeys have gone to bed and me and Hubs crack open the DVD boxsets. He sits at one end of the sofa working on his laptop, and I sit at the other sewing, snipping and generally faffing. Hence my late night craftiness is usually powered by:

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've got your mojo back. I think it's easy to put too much pressure on ourselves.

    On a side note, I love Pepsi Max! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always good to take time out and take stock of what is important. As someone who lives with depression, I am very aware of putting too much pressure on myself, apart from that DH keeps a constant watch on me and lets me know if he thinks I am taking on too much!!! Glad to know that you have got your creative juices flowing again, and from the looks of those pics you have really got your mojo back, glad you are feeling good again, x

    ReplyDelete