23 Sep 2011

looks like we got ourselves a reader 2: more booky goodness

I used to be quite fussy about what I read, and stuck to a few favourite authors as a young teenager.
I started on Christopher Pike, and read each in a night.
Then I moved onto adult books by around 13.
Dean Koontz was definitely in my top five.


And Shaun Hutson.


I loved Misery, but have never been a big fan of Stephen King
(don't all gasp at once).
David Martin was also in there.
And Robert Ludlum never fails to excite and delight.


Anything a bit scary with a smattering of blood n guts was right up my literary alley.


Then I discovered James Patterson and had to read the back catalogue one after the other until I caught up!

My boyfriend of the time introduced me to fantasy (calm down, you know what I mean).
We were full on hair swinging moshers then, and fantasy seemed to go hand in hand with that somehow (both still are actually, his hair is longer than mine!)
R.A.Salvatore is amazing! I was in love with Wulfgar...


Just remembering these books makes me want to re-read them.
And I never do that. Ever.

So many books, so little time.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I rememeber those books! Still love to read my Patterson and all the fantasy books. Not actually read Salvatore yet. Not going to go into my faves as that bore you!

    Hannah.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hannah. yes i still love patterson as well, but I missed one of the cross novels and got all confused so I had to start from about 4 back and see what happened!!

    ReplyDelete